As a non-profit organization, the contribution of Volunteers and Internships are essential. Our children and families greatly benefit from having a larger support system. Volunteers are utilized from assisting in fundraising and events to becoming a Victim Advocate.
Currently, our volunteer opportunities include:
- Special Events – Volunteers are needed to assist with special events and fundraisers throughout the year. This includes assisting in community awareness, set-up, aiding to event functions and break-down.
In the future, we are also looking to have an internship opportunity for College Students. Our student interns will be an important part of our success.
An internship at the Child Advocacy Center provides a unique opportunity to gain an increased understanding of the child welfare and criminal justice system, the dynamics of child abuse and neglect, and questioning strategies utilized in a forensic interview.
Internships are provided for college students looking to complete a minimum of (unknown) hours to satisfy practicum/internship requirements. The practicum/internship program must specify that the Child Advocacy Center will 1) complete an evaluation of the intern’s performance and 2) verify that (unknown) hours have been completed.
At the Child Advocacy Center, each intern will be assigned a focus area at the beginning of their internship but will routinely rotate their assignment to gain a broader perspective on the work we do. Interns are assigned to:
- Observe forensic interviews and prepare a draft summary;
- Assist in Child Advocacy Education Programs
- Assist our multidisciplinary teams by preparing a summary of all new child abuse and neglect reports accepted for initial assessment;
- Observe the non-offending caregiver(s) initial interview and assist the child advocate with documentation;
- Provide clerical support and attend professional training
Become a Volunteer or Intern
If you are interested in volunteering or interning at the Child Advocacy Center, please contact our Victim Advocate / Case Manager listed below. Please include your first and last name in the subject line. Once your email is received, we will send you an application. If approved by background checks, a tour of our center and meeting with a supervisor will occur.
Phone: (352) 627-5098